Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Louisiana pt. 3

Now to talk about Louisiana in a not so melancholy tone.  I went down there about three weeks ago, after promising a few of my friends that I had met in Yellowstone that I would make it down last summer, then again promising them I would make it down for Mardi Gras, which I was unable to do either.  So I told them on a whim that I would be able to make it down for Jazz Fest.  Jazz Fest is the biggest music festival, or most well-known music festival in the U.S..  The music ranged from jazz to folk to blues to classic rock.  The headlining bands were ones like Simon and Garfunkel, Allman Brothers, Levon Helm, and there were also tents set up for those who would rather relax and enjoy listening to blues or gospel while chomping on their fried alligator or catfish head.  I bought the ticket the night before, thinking I was going to let them down again, for a reasonably cheap price, then flew out in the morning.  I landed in New Orleans where my friend picked me up and we drove off to Hattiesburg, Mississippi.  Noone likes all the details...so highlights: pouring out a 40 of Budweiser (king of beers) on Elvis' front yard (couldn't get in to the tour, lack of funding), animal house frat party at Ole' Miss University of Mississippi in Oxford Town(600 32 cases of some water beer, barrels of crawfish and corn and your generic meat heads butting heads then drooling over women, what was found in the pool at the end off the night was human waste (out of all ends) a leather couch, blood, beer, and more; where a boyfriend went diving in to get his girlfriends glasses, twat), sleeping in front of Faulkner's home, going to the crossroads )where Robert Johnson sold his soul for the ability of playing perfect blues guitar), best fried food (food in general), Bourbon street, bumming it in a park in New Orleans, etc. etc..  May expand later, but wild childs in the dirty south.

No comments:

Post a Comment